Business Systems Analyst
Nottingham City Centre / Hammersmith London
Koodoo (www.koodoo.io) is a new financial technology business that is shaking up the world of mortgages. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, transparency and the potential role for new technology. Backed by the UK’s leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot), Koodoo is building the technology to help connect customers seamlessly and intelligently with their next mortgage. We are working with some of the biggest names in the industry to deliver a better mortgage application and renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK.
About Blenheim Chalcot
Blenheim Chalcot has an unrivalled track record for building successful and disruptive digital ventures. Providing much more than just funds, businesses in the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio benefit from over 20 years of experience, knowledge, ideas and infrastructure. With offices in London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, New York and Mumbai, over 3000 employees, sales of over £300m, and a track record of building over 40 companies, the Blenheim Chalcot model aims to create an “unfair advantage” for its companies as they grow from ideas into multi-million pound, market-leading businesses. Companies in the portfolio, past and present, include Agilisys, TDX, ClearScore, Oakbrook Finance, Liberis and SalaryFinance.
We have launched a cloud-based, API-driven service that connects mortgage customers with the best financial products for their needs. We have already gone live with some major partners, resulting in a major uplift in customer engagement. We are using some of the latest technologies and development patterns. We are building and managing ‘true’ microservices, using NodeJS, MongoDb, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Tyk API gateway, CircleCI, and much more.
Our design and build philosophy
At Koodoo, we believe that if something is worth building, it is worth building right. We choose the latest tools and technologies that help us deliver amazing software and stay ahead of our competitors. We operate as a truly agile business; we don’t think it’s just something that the dev team do. We believe in excellence in design and craftsmanship in code; we believe in creating systems that are built for integration; we believe that all software should be built using the best engineering practices available; we believe that software should be built for true continuous delivery (release early, release often); and we believe that the development team and business teams should work together in a harmonious and dynamic way. Furthermore, we believe that teams should have a culture of mutual support, continuous learning, ownership… and fun!
- As an experienced Business Systems Analyst, you will bring a clear and well articulated opinion on how to capture, translate and manage the delivery of complex business requirements.
- You will contribute to the business planning and requirements forming process, write detailed specifications where necessary, and help translate them into deliverable work plans for the team.
- You will be joining a team that takes quality seriously, and you should bring that same passion for helping to deliver the best possible solutions. You will not consider that your responsibility stops with the writing of specs, but will ‘own’ the deliverable and if necessary evolve the documentation throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- You will be familiar with a range of industry-recognised tools, techniques and methodologies relevant to designing and specifying software systems, and you will know when it is appropriate to use each of them.
- You will be an excellent communicator, and will be very comfortable liaising with multiple stakeholders, from external clients to developers, in order to achieve great outcomes. You will have the experience and tact to be forceful when required, and use softer influencing skills at other times.
- You will have a good understanding of the full software development lifecycle, and will write requirements and specifications that give clear consideration to disciplines such as automated testing, DevOps and security.
- You will have demonstrable experience of at least one agile development methodology, and will be able to offer a pragmatic opinion on the continual improvement of our agile process.
- You will be comfortable with the idea of becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas of our business domains, including mortgage lending, lead and acquisition pipeline management, data analytics and API-driven system design.
- As a small, focused team operating in a startup environment, we place a great emphasis on delivery and our ability to get new features live quickly, without compromising on quality, security or UX; this will fit with your own work ethic.
- We encourage a high degree of personal ownership, and all members of the team have the opportunity to contribute to the business planning and decision-making process. You would lead by example on this front.
- The role is based in Nottingham, but you would be expected to spend a number of days a month working in our Hammersmith (London) office.
If you recognise yourself in the above description, and like the idea of working in a fast-paced, supportive and fun environment - where building software to a high standard is both expected and encouraged - then Koodoo is the place for you. You will find yourself working with some of the smartest, and we like to think nicest, professionals that you could ever hope to work with!