Position: Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
Location: Hyderabad – India
The World's Number 1 Banking Software!
Temenos headquartered in Geneva, is the world leader in banking software, partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace. Over 3,000 firms across the globe, including 41 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process both the daily transactions and client interactions of more than 500 million banking customers. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic front office and core banking, payments, fund management and wealth management software products enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and gain operational excellence.
We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Administrator with strong Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Cloud and commendable Linux experience. This position will be a critical member of a small engineering team working to solve real customer pain points. This isn’t your normal position where you may be relegated to one small piece of the company’s technology or a project that doesn’t matter. Instead, you will be instrumental and have the chance to work in many areas of our Web and Cloud systems. The candidate will be part of a small team that keeps our infrastructure humming as new releases and maintenance are rolled out to our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to execute on most tasks with minimal customer outage windows.
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our production environments, assisting in the development and test environments when needed.
- Implement and enforce risk management and compliance standards (e.g., PCI-DSS, ISO27001)
- Cover US Operations infrastructure by daily picking up and solving existing customer issues in the morning and handing off to our other geographies at shift end where required.
- Ability to write code in either python, go, ruby, bash etc.
- Should be able to automate as much as possible using various tools
- Ability to understand AWS Cloud Formation templates, Ruby, nodeJS and Python applications.
- Opportunities to build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Solid ability to understand the whole stack; load balancers to databases, application server firewalls to cache clusters, across all Amazon regions.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Engineering or Technical Degrees (BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./MCA)
- 2+ years of Relevant Technical experience
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Experience with a docker orchestration tool like kubernetes (preferably), Mesosphere etc.
- Experience running containers in a kubernetes cluster
- Experience running JVM within a container
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required).
- Experience with SQL and MySQL is an asset.
- Should be able to write scripts in Python (preferably), Go, Ruby etc
- Familiarity with messaging platforms like kafka (preferably), RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience or knowledge of any log analysis tool like Sumologic, Splunk or ELK
- Experience or knowledge of any monitoring tool like Datadog, Nagios etc
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, CircleCi etc
- Familiarity with GIT
- Familiarity with security best practices, different security vulnerability tools, securing a cloud-based environment.
- Understanding scalability and best practice
- Background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services.
- Create and maintain scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems.
- Implement deployment and system maintenance tools like Rubber, Chef, and Capistrano.
- Work closely with development to deploy new software and improve existing systems.
- Be an excellent problem solver, and willing to roll up your sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way.
- Respond reliably to on-call issues as needed.