We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for rail switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. As KONUX General Counsel, you will be in charge of legal and compliance and report directly to the co-founding COO/CFO and Board Member of KONUX. Initially, you will work with our current in-house legal counsel, who will report directly to you, and you will have the chance to grow your team as the company matures. You will deal with complex legal matters with an impact on a group-wide level. Our main operating entity is located in Germany but our customers are distributed across Europe and Asia. Your tasks are spanning across multiple legal domains from corporate law to contract law and IP topics, compliance as well as labor law. Through our parent entity in the US you will also work on US corporate law topics and be responsible for opening and managing our subsidiaries in multiple other geographies from a legal perspective. If you adapt quickly to a new environment, you want to be challenged by your work and you are able to handle multiple tasks at once without losing the big picture, we want you! As part of the leadership team at KONUX you work on quarterly goals and strategic topics, yet, you are not afraid of doing the necessary hands-on work. You need to be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that culture...Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Provide expert, risk and strategic legal advice to the Leadership team of KONUX and Board of Directors
- Deal with employee, customer, supplier and partnership contracts in close cooperation with stakeholders in the human resources, sales, customer delivery and supply chain teams
- Manage the public procurement process in different jurisdictions for large customer deals
- Assure conformity with applicable data protection laws (e.g. the GDPR)
- Refine and support the execution of our IP strategy in a complex environment
- Extend our compliance framework in an environment where both legal compliances with public tender rules and technical compliance with safety and health are paramount
- Set up and run corporate governance policies and ensure fiduciary duties of the KONUX group are met
- Coordinate external legal advisors
- Minimum of 8 years experience as legal counsel, including a minimum of 2 years in a management/team lead position with outstanding performance
- German qualified lawyer, preferably with an LL.M. from the US; experience with other European jurisdictions is beneficial
- Excellent knowledge in at least two areas out of corporate, contract, IP/IT (AI, SaaS) and tender law
- Curious to understand new technologies
- Strategic thinker with a hands-on mentality to do the necessary groundwork
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, combined with pragmatism and business sense
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good computer skills and MS Office proficiency
- Full working proficiency in English and German
Don’t Apply If
- You are not hands-on and have no entrepreneurial mindset
- You want to build the perfect system instead of focusing on pragmatic solutions
- You are not highly collaborative in your work with the whole company
- You feel that the KONUX Culture is not for you
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 paid (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment