We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for rail switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. As an Account Director for United Kingdom at KONUX, you will focus on the state owned railway infrastructure managers in this region, with Network Rail being the key focus. You will be responsible for evangelizing the concept of transforming railway operations to C-level executives and for convincing all relevant decision makers in your customer organization. Also you shape contracts, create and ensure budgets allocation and win large contracts. As the ideal candidate, you have strong experience winning contracts in national tendering processes. In this position, you will be part of our Global Sales team and report to the Chief Revenue Officer. You will be based in United Kingdom and work remotely. When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that culture...Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Manage the customer organisation to design and win large framework contracts
- Develop and strengthen relationships with C-levels executives and all relevant decision makers and influencers, ensuring the advantages of KONUX solutions are fully comprehended and supported, especially in the pre-tender phase
- Define, lead and execute the account strategy, ensuring long-term success by advising leaders on all levels of customer’s organization on solving their transformation needs with KONUX solutions
- Develop a joint transformational agenda to enable high-value sales, as well as a growth journey across the organization
- Demonstrate in depth understanding of customer’s future business challenges and suggest customer-centric use cases through KONUX solutions
- Lead tendering of sales opportunities, negotiate and close deals
- Manage public affairs and lobbying towards national and local public entities in collaboration with the KONUX management
- Work closely with KONUX teams in a key account setup to ensure project success and expansion of the account
- 5+ years of experience in selling technological solutions and complex systems to railway companies in the target market, or in other national-level government tendering industries such as defense, aerospace, oil & gas or renewables.
- Familiarity with the railway infrastructure industry with an extensive network to state-owned railway infrastructure owners in your target market would be preferred
- Familiarity with national tender processes relevant for state owned organizations along with solid knowledge of client budgeting and purchasing processes
- Driven by a strategic perspective and an out-of-the-box thinking, rather than following predefined processes
- Extensive knowledge of customer pain points and ability to propose meaningful solutions to customers
- Seeking ultimate responsibility for your account’s success and tenaciously doing what it takes to ensure it
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English language.
- The idea of selling new technologies that are not yet categorized in customer procurement processes excites you
- Sharing the KONUX Culture, incl. a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility
Don’t Apply If
- You are not passionate about selling new technologies which are not yet categorized in customer procurement processes
- You do not have a track record of achievements in national government tendering processes.
- You are not able to work both autonomously, as well as within a team in a remote-based position
- You feel the KONUX Culture is not for you
- You expect to keep doing the same things you have done somewhere else instead of adjusting your sales approach and learning about how to sell KONUX’ unique, market-creating, innovative, solution
- You are rather hands-off
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 paid (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment