Responsible Recruiter: Andreea Chirilov
We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for Rail Switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. As a Senior Backend Developer at KONUX, you will build and expand our complex predictive analytics platform which is already changing the way large railway companies manage their infrastructure. You will work with an agile crew of talented developers in the fields of distributed systems, data ingestion and machine learning. KONUX developers learn and adapt quickly, and are not afraid to tinker with existing tools, and to stay up to date and test new technologies.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that mentality...Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Build and maintain a highly scalable framework for ingesting, transforming, enhancing and presenting data at large scales
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on design, coding, testing, documentation, deployment and debugging, and optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability - make it work - make it nice - make it fast
- Help improve our code quality through writing tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years in hands-on Java (Python) coding experience
- Experience working in a cloud environment (f.e. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages (f.e. Python, Perl, Shell Scripting)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a distributed team and to work using Agile methodologies
- Sharing the KONUX Culture, incl. a Growth Mindset, Resilience and Flexibility
Nice to Have
- Experience with C++
- Experience in front-end development
Don't Apply If
- You never touched AWS or GCP. As we build our products on public cloud infrastructure (managed services), we need people who know how to deal with that situation.
- You’re not willing to tinker with the CI/CD pipeline and/or other parts of the system.
- You feel that the KONUX Culture is not for you
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment