Responsible Recruiter: Andreea Chirilov
We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for Rail Switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. As a DevOps Engineer at KONUX, you will be responsible to keep our infrastructure in perfect shape, to continuously develop and monitor it in order to provide the best experience to our customers. You will closely collaborate with your teammates, you will assist other departments in solving technical issues related to cloud infrastructure and networking. Ideal candidates learn and adapt quickly, and will be able to use every tool at their disposal to understand and effectively tackle hard problems. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with robustness and efficiency.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that mentality...Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- You build infrastructure as code, doing it manually is not an option as it is not easily repeatable
- You optimize and tune with the developers setups and configurations to gain the possible maximum of speed at the lowest possible costs
- As part of the development team you are working closely together with the other engineers to build new features and to guarantee high quality on the infrastructure part of new features
- Build and Maintain our pipelines / flows through Git (Bitbucket), Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, Spinnaker to keep the availability of our development infrastructure high
- Extend continuous deployment for software releases with zero downtime
- Improve security and availability of the platforms (development and production)
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the deployment processes and operations procedures
- A university degree or equivalent in relevant field
- 3+ years experience in DevOps Engineering
- Demonstrable experience with container concepts (LXD, Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm), with cloud infrastructure orchestration (e.g. Mesos, DC/OS, Marathon), with Deployment Automation & Orchestration and extensive knowledge of AWS/GCP
- Experience in defining infrastructures in code (terraform) and continuously improving these pieces of craftsmanship.
- Experience in managing and setting up database clusters (NoSQL, SQL), operating systems (Linux OS, Debian distribution) and scripting and coding experience (Bash, Python, Java)
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills
- Ideal candidates are former developers
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment, and full working proficiency in English
- Sharing the KONUX Culture, incl. a Growth Mindset, Resilience and Flexibility
Nice to Have
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Splunk
- Experience with programming languages such as Java or Python
Don't apply if
- You never touched AWS or GCP. As we build our products on public cloud infrastructure (managed services), we need people who know how to deal with that situation
- You do not have any programming experience and you are not willing to code if necessary
- You feel that the KONUX Culture is not for you
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment