It's time to build. Whether it's creating more housing, upgrading our infrastructure, or adapting to climate change, one thing is clear: the construction industry is at the center of solving our biggest problems. We’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. Join us.
Founded in 2018, Kojo is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
About the role:
- Playing a critical and versatile role in shipping key aspects of our application
- Being an integral part of building engineering, product, and company roadmaps
- Co-owing the delivery of a product that transforms the construction industry
- Helping continue to scale Kojo's engineering organization, from process, to hiring, to culture
What you've accomplished:
- Proven track record of shipping quality software (3+ years professional experience preferred)
- Experience working with Typescript, React, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL
- Writing clean and performant code, diving deep when necessary
- Serving as a reliable eam player who enjoys learning, teaching and solving problems across platforms
- Experience and passion for working on whatever part of the stack is necessary to solve the problem at hand
- B.S. in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
What you care about:
- Customer Obsession: You care deeply about our customers and go the extra mile to delight them
- Innovation: You seek to understand the truth behind problems and find solutions to them
- Growth: You are excited by problems because they’re opportunities for improvement
This role is entirely remote for candidates based in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
The salary range for this role is between $80,000 USD and $180,000 USD. See details about compensation ranges below.
Working at Kojo
Salary: Your salary will be dependent upon many factors, including your experience level, skillset, market dynamics and balancing internal equity relative to other Kojo employees. The compensation and benefits information that we provide is based on Kojo’s good-faith estimate as of the date of the job posting and may be modified in the future.
Benefits: This position is also eligible for a new hire equity grant and all US-based full time employees are eligible for our full suite of perks and benefits. For more information about our perks and benefits, check out https://www.usekojo.com/careers.
Location: Kojo’s team members work from home 100% of the time across North and South America. If applicable, we’ll identify the travel and/or location-specific requirements of a position in the text above. Otherwise, team members can expect to work business hours congruent with their local time zone and remotely.
Inclusive Workplace: Kojo values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.