Kode With Klossy - Director Of Partnerships and Communications
LOCATION + SCOPE:
Full-Time. New York, NY
*Currently Fully Remote*
WHO WE ARE:
Kode With Klossy was founded in 2015 to empower girls to learn to code and become leaders in tech. It’s mission is to create learning opportunities and experiences for young women that build their confidence and inspire them to pursue their passions in a technology-driven world.
Teaching girls to code is just a part of Kode With Klossy’s grand vision, which is focused on increasing girls’ access to STEAM education across the country and fostering their entrepreneurial and creative spirits. The Kode With Klossy program approach is distinguished by how it engages its community to positively impact the life trajectories of its scholars and ultimately, the role of girls and women in tech. More than just empowering the girls with employable skills, the Kode With Klossy experience and environment provide a framework for our scholars to succeed in anything they do in the future.
The Director of Partnerships and Communications for Kode With Klossy is a highly influential role with opportunity for growth, leadership, and innovation. They are responsible for all information that flows from the organization - externally and internally to key stakeholders and partners. They ensure the organization’s communications and partners are in alignment with its mission and vision, with diversity, equity, and inclusivity at the core. This position requires exceptional individual communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as an ability to think strategically around communications across multiple audiences. A successful candidate will be an inspiring and experienced leader with an ability to understand what drives key stakeholders, build strong relationships, and generate mission-aligned messages to galvanize around the brand.
- Determine strategy for content and message creation that is authentic to the organization’s mission and vision, for internal and external audiences; oversee progress to goals and evaluate impact and effectiveness of all organization’s messages and pitches
- Galvanize support for the organization by storytelling around its impact, keeping a close pulse on all quantitative and qualitative data collected by the organization around its programs successes
- Manage key partner relationships providing first-class service
- Seek out, pitch, and secure partnership opportunities that embody our brand, provide value to our core target communities, and align with our organizational goals.
- Conduct extensive market research to understand the education, tech, and philanthropic landscapes in order to optimize organization for recruitment of participants and partners
- Build excellent relationships with relevant key players and maintain a robust and quality network.
- Create strong campaign strategies for recruitment of young women into the program and partners to support the program
- Create the strategy for and evaluate effectiveness of all digital content including key social channels
- Create the strategy for and evaluate impact of Kode With Klossy’s series of robust newsletters
- Collaborate with organizations partners including:
- Reviewing inbound partnership and press inquiries
- Escalating mission critical work and coordinating follow-up
- Brainstorming creative content that can highlight integrations and activations
- Oversee contractual communications obligations with partners
- Ensure that images, content, and videos created and shared by the organization, reflect the organization’s mission and values
- Delegate effectively and monitor performance through frequent check-ins and open lines of communication with your team
- Develop, coach, and lead a high-performance team
- Ensure the strategy and execution across all internal and external initiatives are cohesive and seamlessly integrated
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that the Director of Partnerships and Communications:
- Maintain critical awareness of trends and technology across industries reflecting Kode With Klossy’s work
- Monitor, nurture, and further develop and enhance the Kode With Klossy community
- Set and work towards ambitious goals for social media and use metrics and data to inform strategy
- Build relationships with other networks to strengthen the impact of our communications strategy in support of young women
- Collaborate closely with all members of the team to ensure strategy across all internal and external initiatives are cohesive and seamlessly integrated
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7+ years of experience working with mission-aligned communications
- 2+ years of experience motivating and leading a high performing team.
- Experience building and maintaining strong partnerships
- A knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and how each platform can be used efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, and a sense of urgency around delivering on goals
- Experience working across multiple teams, with familiarity building agreements and influencing stakeholders.
- Highly creative and innovative - never settle for the status quo and constantly seeking new and better ways of doing things.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Masterful at reading people/the room and adjusting your approach and communication to meet the needs of others.
- A self-starter and are always two steps ahead. You proactively offer suggestions to promote efficiency.
- Solution-oriented and very quick and clever in your approach. No question or task is too challenging for you.
- Organization is key and your skills are impeccable in this regard. You are focused and pay close attention to details.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion in all aspects of work and display courtesy and professionalism in all interactions and with all contacts.
- Passionate about inspiring and empowering girls and young women and have a keen interest in STEAM.
Kode With Klossy is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Both KWK and NVF are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The KWK and NVF work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.