About the Company
KoBold Metals is a mineral exploration company inventing AI to explore for the metals we need for a low-carbon economy. Our business is discovering and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success: we aim to discover more tier 1 resources, faster, and with fewer failures.
KoBold has built a fast-growing global portfolio of more than 50 exploration properties targeting nickel, copper, cobalt, and lithium, which range from 100%-owned to partnerships with majors, junior explorers, and prospectors.
Our team includes the best of the industry in exploration geoscience, data science, software engineering, operations, and business. Prior to joining KoBold, our team members made nearly 20 discoveries. Our exploration programs are co-led by our geoscientists and data scientists, who develop exploration hypotheses, rigorously quantify uncertainty in our understanding of the subsurface, and design data collection programs that most effectively reduce uncertainty, drawing upon a large suite of proprietary exploration technology built by our data scientists and software engineers. Our field programs validate and improve the system and have demonstrated material improvements over conventional exploration methods.
KoBold is privately held, and our investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Rice and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
About the position
In this role, you will oversee the treasury operation of the company domestically and globally. You will also provide support to accounting operations across the globe. Since KoBold is a startup company, your role will be dynamic and your role and responsibilities will grow as the company grows.
- Oversee the Company’s cash position including the monitoring of all multi-currency inflows and outflows across various financial institutions in adherence to the Company’s investment policy while maintaining sufficient operational balances to suit the Company’s needs
- Monthly and quarterly reporting related to cash flows, investments, interest rates, FX exposure and other ad hoc reporting requests
- Establish internal controls and develop and implement policies to ensure auditability and compliance with accounting standards
- Partner with FP&A and A/P teams to develop and maintain the Company’s cash forecast
- Manage and respond to KYC requests from financial institutions and the Company’s business partners
- Ensure compliance with banking regulations in multiple jurisdictions
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency, automation and process optimization (i.e., expense reimbursement platform)
- Provide support for other projects in accounting and finance operations (e.g., insurance)
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The candidate must have:
- 10+ years experience in accounting
- Broad-based experience in all treasury functions
- Strong organizational skills and proactive communicator
- The ability to quickly learn new tools as needed and solve new problems continuously
- A high degree of independence and the ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Flexibility to cover treasury functions during non-company business hours when banks and other financial institutions remain open
- Interest in contributing broadly to the success of the company and eager to pitch in where needed
- Accounting for international operations
KoBold Metals is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for people of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
This position is full-time, exempt.
Salary range: $115,000 - $145,000
Location: Remote, anywhere in the US.