Kobalt was founded in 2000 with a mission: Make the music industry fairer and rewarding for creators.
We wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers.
Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music technology driven music services including Publishing, Recordings and the world’s first Digital Collection Society are trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
As Kobalt’s continues to scale we are looking for Site Reliability Engineers at varying levels of experience to join our team. We are responsible for creating and maintaining scalable, reliable and secure platforms that our distributed applications run on.
You will enable other developers to be better at their roles by developing shared applications, platforms and tools which they can use.
You’ll bring your existing skills, and also learn new ones, as we continuously strive for improvement.
WHAT DOES A SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Optimises systems for performance and scalability, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation
- Focuses on automation, from our deployment pipelines to the creation of our cloud infrastructure
- Enables visibility with telemetry, logging, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Maintains existing systems in development, test and production environments, as well as developing new systems to support our business applications
- Works in a data driven environment to set, monitor and meet ambitious quality of service goals
- Problem solves - able to work on a variety of problems and pick up new skills
- Shares knowledge with other team members - from informal chats to mentoring others
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for engineers with some of the following skills. Expertise in everything on this list is not required! Your skills should be complemented with an ability to problem solve, learn and collaborate.
- Can design production systems to be scalable, fault-tolerant and secure
- Ability to set up, manage and maintaining our services, infrastructure and applications hosted on AWS - as well as our VPCs, EC2 instances and S3 buckets, we make extensive use of other services including ECS Fargate and EMR for our data processing
- Development, deployment and management of applications for some of the following languages: PHP, Java, Python, NodeJS, Go
- A software engineering mindset
- Use of IaC tools including Ansible, Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with containerised applications and container orchestration
- Build and continuous integration tools: creating and maintaining build and deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing and routing
- Experience setting up monitoring and alerting systems including ELK stack, Fluentd, Datadog
- Ability to keep up-to-date and continually learn
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover extendable to your family and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- A dedicated learning and development team for Tech, Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga, and (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including free healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.