Kobalt Music’s Digital Operations team is looking for a naturally curious team player with a customer-service mindset and a forward thinking approach.
With the team being responsible for the operational relationship between Digital Service Providers (like YouTube and Apple Music) and various internal departments, you’ll work across multiple types of queries directly from our Clients, but also from internal stakeholders such as our Digital Partnerships and Income Tracking teams. The data you obtain from running these queries will then be used for presentations internally and externally, so you must be able to demonstrate a high level of manipulating, analyzing and presenting data using various platforms and formats.
This is a fast-paced role that offers the opportunity to innovate and suggest improvements as you gain expert knowledge on all the nuances of Digital Operations at Kobalt.
WHAT DOES A DATA ANALYTICS COORDINATOR DO?
- You will work on a wide variety of data retrieval requests for our clients as well as internal teams such as Digital Partnerships using tools like SQL via AWS and Power Query.
- Handle any pre- and post-deal requests for data from our digital partners.
- Assist with a range of requests from Digital Partners and Clients such as takedowns, claims, monetization etc.
- You will also provide additional data support to our Income Tracking, Digital Partnerships and Licensing Operations teams.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You may have had experience working for a music publishing or recording business, ideally in a digital and/or an analytical role, but most importantly you are a self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities who takes initiative and has the ability to problem solve.
- Some experience manipulating or analyzing large volumes of data and/or experience in identifying gaps in data or income is essential.
- Comfortability or some working knowledge of using SQL based databases, ideally with a familiarity of data automation tools such as Power Query.
- You should be a team player with the ability to work independently, someone who thrives on problem solving and has a forward thinking approach.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.