We are hiring a Senior Accountant in our New York office. The Senior Accountant will perform all daily and monthly accounting functions for our Publishing business unit and report into the Senior Accounting Manager. Functions are inclusive of journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis to support the financial close. This includes participating in monthly and year-end financial closings, annual audit preparation and other special projects as requested by Accounting & Reporting management.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Execution of month-end operations of the Publishing accounting department ensuring accurate results are delivered in a timely fashion; includes the preparation and postings of all revenue, cost of sales, and accrual journal entries and completion of reconciliations.
- Monitor/reconcile intercompany transactions for multiple worldwide entities.
- Assist in the implementation of improving existing workflow designs, including development of processes, policies, systems, controls, and compliance around monthly reporting and flux analyses.
- Collaborate with key finance business partners (FP&A, Tax, Legal, Client Affairs, and Publishing Operations) to ensure accuracy of accruals and account balances as well assist in cross-functional requests.
- Liaise with external auditors to manage various annual audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility including preparation of workpapers and memos.
- Provide support in ad hoc task and projects as required.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – including ability to work with and challenge others
- Strong team player and proactive approach to work
- Strong organizational skills / prioritization
- Solid working knowledge of accrual-based accounting with full P&L and balance sheet experience
- NetSuite ERP or another automated accounting system a plus
- Recent or prior music industry is a plus.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
The is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.