We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized music enthusiast to assist the Creative Team in Los Angeles. The successful candidate would ideally have experience and/or familiarity working within a publishing deal structure. They would also have great ears and be tuned into up and coming along with established artists, familiar with what is reacting on the Billboard charts, and knowledgeable of the local LA music scene. This is a great opportunity for someone who really wants to work closely with the Creative team to learn what a proactive publisher does, and the many different ways you can bring exciting opportunities to an artist or songwriter. This opportunity also allows someone the chance to check out shows and bring music and talent to the department’s attention early.
- Manage all calendars across the Los Angeles Creative Team including coordinating/sending calendar invites, booking meeting rooms, and making travel arrangements and restaurant reservations, etc.
- Prepare and submit individual monthly expense reports for Creative Executives.
- Research and compile spreadsheets with information about songwriters, artists and specific projects.
- Update and maintain songwriter reels/bios for pitches.
- Update and distribute weekly meeting agenda/deals target list.
- Manage the procured/placed track list.
- Raise Purchase Orders for approved expenses.
- Attend and take notes during Weekly Meetings and prepare status reports.
- Provide back-up administrative support to the department as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Entry Level or 1+ years of experience.
- Prior experience working/interning in music publishing is a plus.
- Must have a passion and interest in music.
- Ability to deal with several projects at once, prioritize and work efficiently under pressure.
- A highly organized individual who has exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven experience in supporting a busy and dynamic department.
- Google Workplace skills – Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- MS Office skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Mac OSX.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with expenses and budgets.
- Eagerness to learn and to help.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact confidently and effectively with staff and external providers both verbally and written.
- Must have a proactive attitude.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.