We are seeking an interpersonal, music loving team player to join our industry-leading US Creative team in Los Angeles. Our team signs new clients (artists, songwriters and publishing companies) to Kobalt and works with those clients creatively, putting them in sessions, pitching their songs, etc.
Knowledge and understanding of music copyright and publishing is a bonus, however it’s more important you have a keen interest in supporting the team, particularly our Sessions Manager and Coordinator. As an intern, you will build on your knowledge of music publishing and further develop your communication and organizational skills.
WHAT DOES AN INTERN, CREATIVE, AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide support to the Kobalt US Creative Team by way of various administrative tasks as well as day-to-day dealings with clients and their representatives
- Help to ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing songs, such as title, songwriters and percentages. You will then input all new songs into our internal system of Songspace
- Work closely with other members of the team to support Kobalt’s mission to maintain the highest level of service to its clients from a creative perspective
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A knowledge and love of music
- Both written and verbal communication skills, as well as a detail-driven mind-set with strong organization and prioritization skills
- You can demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure working autonomously to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- You also have the ability to make effective and timely decisions in an environment where you are exposed to confidential information and material
- Proficient in Songspace, Excel, etc
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
3-Months (September, 2021 - December, 2021)