Based in our New York office, the Analyst – Corporate Finance will evaluate and analyse financial results, supporting various business partners by providing periodic expense reports and insightful analysis. The individual will be tasked to figure out ways to reduce inefficiencies and manage costs. This role will also involve supporting the month-end process to ensure accurate financial results, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Work with business leaders to develop and maintain annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Perform variance analysis and deliver commentary of periodic results versus budget, forecasts and prior year spend in partnership with Accounting.
- Create, manage and maintain budget and expense models.
- Assist in essential month-end close processes.
- Analyze spend, draw conclusions and present recommendations on cost savings opportunities and efficiencies.
- Manage headcount by coordinating with People & Culture and monitoring progress against hiring plans.
- Drive continuous improvement through automation, develop robust reporting processes, and assist in documenting critical workflows.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Economics.
- 2+ years of progressive Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis experience.
- Team player with ability to build organizational relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels, who can also work independently and is a self-starter
- Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions and options.
- Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and financial management/budgeting applications. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. index & match, pivot tables) is a must.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.