We are seeking a junior level Coordinator, Writer & Publisher Relations, with strong interpersonal and organisational skills to join our market-leading administrative team in Los Angeles. Kobalt’s Writer & Publisher Relations team transitions new clients into the Kobalt system and manages existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point of contact for any related queries. This position will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player who has very strong written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should be comfortable communicating with senior colleagues and external clients. Knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies is ideal. Previous experience in administration and account management would also be beneficial.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS, AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide support to the Kobalt Writer & Publisher Relations team in day-to-day dealings with clients
- Ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- Process new client agreements and coordinate with Kobalt’s Onboarding and Copyright departments to input and register new compositions and catalogues
- Provide support and assistance to the full department with scheduled administrative tasks and needs
- Assist in responding to questions from Kobalt clients and internal queries relating to client accounts
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous music administration and/or music publishing experience is preferred
- Strong organization and prioritisation skills
- High level of numeracy
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Ability to make effective and timely decisions
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Experience working in a client facing role is preferred
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.