Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
Kobalt continues to grow 3x faster than the market and as such KTech (Kobalt’s Engineering, IT and Product function) has a continuous focus on scaling out its systems, products and services to cope with the increasing demand. One of the key opportunities for Kobalt is to address the masses of songwriters that are reasonably early in their careers and as such struggle to get representation from strong publishers. As most publishers depend on primarily manual processes, the cost of service usually outweighs the revenue potential that those songwriters would generate. Through technology, Kobalt aims to reduce the cost of service for each individual songwriter, making it viable to support large numbers of songwriters at a marginal cost.
Over the last 2 years, KTech has made great progress in replatforming some of our existing systems, with key emphasis on data processing pipelines as they’re the most sensitive to exponential volume growth. While we will continue those efforts for the remainder of 2021, we are now also at the beginning of the journey of providing better client experiences to our songwriters. Our plan is to focus on financial analysis dashboards, catalogue management and licensing tools that will help our songwriters manage their copyrights on a global scale.
- Actively participate in defining and building the new backend services and REST APIs
- Contribute to the exploration of new technologies (such as CircleCI/Kubernetes).
- Apply security best practices in every step of the project.
- Practice DevOps culture that has CI/CD & automation within the team.
- Positively contributes to continuous technical development of project team
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO US
- Good knowledge of Java, and REST APIs with Spring boot or other frameworks.
- Technical knowledge, specifically in microservices or web applications development.
- Good knowledge of one of the cloud platforms, e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure, understanding of infrastructure as-code (e.g. terraform) is a plus.
- Some experience in Linux, Git, and Docker
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines and test automation (unit, integration, end to end).
- Understanding of security in the context of public facing web applications and APIs.
- Experience of working under agile project/delivery methodologies.