Starting immediately, we are looking for an Artist Development & Commercial Partnerships Manager for a fixed-term contract up to 12 months.
Based in our Stockholm office, reporting into the Director, Marketing, your day-to-day will be to support the team with the management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to selected DSPs as well as building long term promotional strategies and stories.
Your role will also be acting as the first point of contact for a wide range of artists, managers and producers for all the administrative and operational tasks for Scandinavian-based projects as well as deliver best practice advice across all aspects of campaign and release planning.
The ideal candidate is results-driven and ambitious with an operationally focused mindset as well as someone with a natural inclination towards sales. We are also looking for a passionate music fan with a natural ability to build lasting relationships. And finally, it’s important you are a collaborative team player but with a humble approach focused on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
WHAT DOES A GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Manage day to day relationship and represent AWAL releases to selected Digital Service Providers, 3rd party playlisting, MCNs and content brands/influencers across multiple services
- Work with marketing leads to help define and deliver promotional, streaming and playlisting strategies
- Communicate new developments, initiatives and best practices at select Digital Service Providers to the Marketing and Artist and Label Development teams
- Manage a roster of priority independent artist and label clients
- Lead the client on-boarding process in collaboration with A&R, integrations and other teams where necessary
- Provide advice, support, analysis and best practices with release planning, scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client teams and serve with Kobalt’s core values including transparency and flexibility
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience working in music focusing on artist marketing and release strategy and or influencer marketing industry ideally with a background working for a promotions company, digital accounts or a commercial partnerships management team.
- You may also have experience working for a DSP but nonetheless, a deep understanding of DSP’s as well as working operational knowledge of digital delivery processes and digital services requirements are ideal.
- A track record of maintaining and establishing internal and external relationships and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and operational background where analytical skills and having an eye for detail is preferred
- Excellent time management skills as well as an organized self-starter with ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment
- An organized self-starter and problem solver with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like The Weeknd, Childish Gambino, Roddy Ricch, Gunna, Kid Cudi, Max Martin and Lionel Richie and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.