We are hiring an Associate Director, Catalog Marketing to join AWAL’s Global Catalog Marketing team in New York. Reporting into, and working very closely with, AWAL’s VP, Catalog Marketing, our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, creative, curious, and committed to reinventing the traditional approach to catalog marketing. This individual has a hunger to push boundaries through creative marketing campaigns that deliver commercial results and a proactive demeanor, ready to balance both day-to-day operational and strategic work.The role will collaborate with AWAL teams around the globe working with artists and repertoire originating from all territories.
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, CATALOG MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Be a change agent and lead, develop and implement progressive global marketing campaigns that drive catalog consumption and audience development for AWAL’s diverse roster of artist and label partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert, collaborate proactively with internal stakeholders across marketing, digital accounts, international, synch, physical sales, release management and ops on catalog campaigns.
- Establish 12-18 month catalog plans for priority global artists.
- Foster and manage excellent relationships with managers, artists, labels, digital accounts, and marketing partners.
- Craft creative catalog pitches to digital and physical accounts and develop account-specific marketing initiatives, on and off platform, collaborating with the commercial teams on presentation to partners.
- Develop and socialize regular catalog opportunity and consumption reports, marketing plans, budgets, and pitch materials.
- Compile, track, and analyze campaign goals including consumption and audience data to measure success and discover new opportunities.
- Oversee implementation of catalog optimization projects.
- Implement bespoke direct-to-fan campaigns promoting D2C initiatives and vinyl releases.
- Enthusiastically represent a forward-thinking catalog strategy in meetings across the global company, with managers, artists, and external partners.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A proven track record of leading, developing and executing successful marketing campaigns across a range of artists and genres, working directly with talent or estates and their representatives.
- Strategic, entrepreneurial, curious and experimental self-starter with a knack for storytelling.
- Passionate and familiar with multiple genres and eras within music and pop culture.
- Excellent understanding of music fandom and consumption behavior across digital and physical formats.
- Data-informed decision-maker utilizing information from AWAL’s proprietary analytics platform, YouTube analytics, Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists, Next Big Sound, Nielsen Music Connect, Chartmetric, Google Trends.
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to embrace and influence positive change.
- Strong proficiency with GSuite tools, particularly Google Slides.
What members of the team say:
“AWAL's values are a rare find in the music industry, in that they are genuinely practised by the team every day, without compromise. Because of our excitement for our roster and ambitious goals, AWAL has gained a reputation for a kind, respectful and progressive working culture, both internally and with our partners. I have never felt as supported by my colleagues and line managers as in my time here - day-to-day wins and wider industry recognition are equally warmly celebrated as a group effort. It's compelling to work for an independent label who is shaking up the status quo, and seeing massive success for our artists. “ - Gemma Hall, Manager
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt's recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for catalogs from leading artists and labels including Lauv, Lil Peep, Rex Orange County, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.