The Compensation & Benefits (C&B) Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the administration of all compensation and benefits programs, providing effective support in benchmarking and analysis, planning, communicating and executing Kobalt’s Total Rewards strategy and programs. The position is New York based and reports into the Director of Compensation & Benefits within the People and Culture Department.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients.
Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including Childish Gambino, Dave Grohl, Enrique Iglesias, Lauv, Lorde, Zayn Malik, Bob Marley, Marshmello, Max Martin, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, The Weeknd, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
Kobalt’s global technology platform uniquely tracks and collects royalties for the trillions of micro-payments in digital music today. Kobalt offers its clients a variety of services, including creative services, synch & brand partnerships, global licensing management, neighboring rights, works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, the Kobalt and AWAL Portals and Apps, YouTube monetization, record release management, digital distribution and marketing.
WHAT DOES A COMPENSATION & BENEFITS ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Administer compensation policies and programs
- Conduct and participate in salary surveys, analyzing and utilize survey data results
- Conduct job benchmarking to address internal equity issues and ensure market competitiveness and program compliance
- Perform ongoing compensation analysis for new and existing jobs as well as promotions and adjustments to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy
- Review requests for new or revised job classifications and provide recommendations on job evaluations to determine appropriate salary/pay range to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity
- Maintain competitive pay rates and ensure compensation plans comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as support a competitive and cost-effective posture
- Assist in the implementation, and ongoing administration of the Company’s salary structure
- Prepare compensation analyses and reporting for HR, Management and Executives
- Assist with compliance efforts and projects throughout the year (implementation of new programs, the annual Open Enrolment cycle, other reporting and analysis)
- Assist with updating and creating compensation and benefit policy and procedures
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging compensation and benefit trends, creative solutions, and legislative changes
- Implementation and administration of employee benefit programs in partnership with PEO provider
- Assists and supports the administration, education, and communication of all Total Rewards policies including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement, prescription drug plans, disability/family/medical leaves, and wellness programs
- Monitor government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends to ensure benefits are compliant
- Assists with development and maintenance of benefits program administrative manuals, records and human resources benefit database, and other documents necessary for implementing benefit programs in compliance with ERISA laws, plan documents, and company policy
- Experience administering benefits programs such as all leave-related programs (FMLA, paid family leave, medical leaves, etc.), FSA, HSA, Insurance Programs
- Administer the annual healthcare open enrollment process, be available to answer employee questions and provide excellent customer service
- Complete benefit surveys, analyzing and utilizing survey data results
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field and 3+ years of practical experience in the field of compensations and benefits or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Analytical thinker with inherent curiosity about data. Able to work with large data samples to ensure data accuracy, identify patterns and potential issues, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to exhibit excellent customer service, integrity, and confidentiality when working with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a wide variety of organizational members, including the ability to address small and large groups.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time and resources effectively. Ability to multitask and prioritize work deliverables as needs evolve.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to compensation and benefits.
- Hands on experience with HR Software (Sage People experience preferred, but not required)
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- CCP designation or working towards or willing to obtain preferred.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.