JUNIOR RELEASE MANAGER
We are hiring a Junior Release Manager in New York. The Junior Release Manager will support the growing global Release Management team by ensuring accurate and timely build of all US AWAL Recordings releases for digital and physical distribution. Reporting to the Senior Release Manager, the Junior RM will liaise with clients to handle all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all US AWAL products meet release date.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients.
Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including Childish Gambino, Dave Grohl, Enrique Iglesias, Lauv, Lorde, Zayn Malik, Bob Marley, Marshmello, Max Martin, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, The Weeknd, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
Kobalt’s global technology platform uniquely tracks and collects royalties for the trillions of micro-payments in digital music today. Kobalt offers its clients a variety of services, including creative services, synch & brand partnerships, global licensing management, neighboring rights, works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, the Kobalt and AWAL Portals and Apps, YouTube monetization, record release management, digital distribution and marketing.
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR RELEASE MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Release Management point person for US signed projects
- Assists Senior Release Manager in day to day running of the department & work closely with global Release Management & Marketing teams
- Onboard new US AWAL Recordings clients, communicating all relevant audio, artwork, label copy specifications & timelines
- Work closely with Marketing Leads on upcoming release timelines and delivery
- Gather assets from client & collate, manage and store metadata to an excellent standard
- Build digital products (audio + video) from end to end and deliver accurate/approved products to Operations/Supply chain team
- Coordinate production of physical formats from concept to manufacture and shipment
- Collate manufacture costs for Marketing and Client
- Obtain Client approval on audio test parts, and artwork PDF’s, & proof read artwork prior to manufacture
- Place manufacture orders
- Collate repress costs, call outs & order placement
- Creating POs for stock manufacture
- Work closely with VP, Sales & Manager, Product & Retail Marketing in the US on ship & release dates
- Input all relevant data and assets into Kobalt's internal release management systems
- Release schedule maintenance
- Register data with third party organisations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1-2+ years’ experience working in a supply chain or release management role, or other relevant experience in the music industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively internally and across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department
- Obsessive attention to detail and good understanding of metadata and assets
- Good working understanding of digital music supply chain and services
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.