Joining a Global Finance Central Services team and reporting to the Central Services Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be part of the team responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the UK & US purchase and sales ledger and the timely settling of invoices and expenses. The assistant will also support the finance team with other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
After your year placement and dependent on performance / university results you will be eligible to come back after university as a second year Finance Assistant and start undertaking your accountancy qualification which we sponsor.
WHAT DOES A GRADUATE FINANCE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Recording UK & US invoices received and booking these into the accounting system
- Agreeing invoices to purchase orders and arranging payments to suppliers
- Paying Kobalt clients when statements are issued
- Producing timely reports on the purchase ledger
- Inputting data to the Kobalt in-house royalties database
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Great awareness of deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong communicator
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills and aptitude for working with large volumes of numerical data
Most important is that you are ambitious and flexible and can adapt to a growing and changing department!
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What previous Graduate Finance Assistants of the team say:
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.