The Coordinator of Synch Income Tracking will be responsible for tracking, receiving and processing all US synch payments negotiated by the Kobalt Synch department. The position is Los Angeles based and reports into the SVP, Synch Operations.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients.
Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including Childish Gambino, Dave Grohl, Enrique Iglesias, Lauv, Lorde, Zayn Malik, Bob Marley, Marshmello, Max Martin, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, The Weeknd, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
Kobalt’s global technology platform uniquely tracks and collects royalties for the trillions of micro-payments in digital music today. Kobalt offers its clients a variety of services, including creative services, synch & brand partnerships, global licensing management, neighboring rights, works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, the Kobalt and AWAL Portals and Apps, YouTube monetization, record release management, digital distribution and marketing.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR OF SYNCH INCOME TRACKING AT KOBALT DO?
- Organize and process all US synch royalty payments including scanning, depositing and reconciling wire/ach payments
- Work with finance department to reconcile synch payments and troubleshoot issues
- Support with creation and dissemination of internal reports to rectify payment and percentage discrepancies
- Track, monitor, and work to collect outstanding payments for all United States and Canadian synch licenses
- Correspond with customers in film, TV, video games, advertising agencies, etc. regarding payment status
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal licensing department regarding invoice and license revisions
- Suggest changes for the KTech product team to streamline internal Kobalt income tracking systems
- Review and complete vendors forms, W-9’s and systems registrations
- Maintain various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports outlining synch performance and KPIs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 1+ years’ experience working in the music industry
- Understanding of synch licensing and/or music publishing is ideal
- Highly proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.