We are hiring an Assistant to join our Synch Licensing Administration team in Los Angeles. The Synch Licensing Administration Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to US based synch department of Kobalt Music Publishing and AWAL. This role reports to the Sr. Coordinator, Synch Licensing Administration.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, SYNCH LICENSING ADMINISTRATION DO?
- Enter North America based synch deals into Kobalt’s synch database – outlining and capturing the material terms for all incoming Film, TV, Advertising, Video Game and Trailer requests.
- Communicate effectively with the clearance and creative synch teams to ensure relevant details for all synch deals are accurate, and any potential questions or inconsistencies are resolved.
- Review applicable details regarding program, terms, work/master, and dates to ensure accuracy, consistency and general quality control.
- Maintain and update the status of synchs within Kobalt’s database, as needed and required throughout the negotiation and licensing process.
- Upload applicable documentation to Kobalt’s database ensuring key aspects of each clearance and negotiation are effectively captured.
- Troubleshoot writer split discrepancies and work with clearance and client admin teams to address issues and ensure information is being shared effectively across departments.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database.
- Contemplate improvements to internal processes and provide suggestions for creating efficiencies.
- Help to oversee LA based synch interns, as necessary.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the music industry, required.
- Experience in music licensing, preferred.
- Working knowledge of music copyright, preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)..
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.