We are hiring a Manager, Digital Marketing in Los Angeles to join AWAL’s Digital Marketing Team. AWAL is Kobalt’s market-leading Music Recordings company that provides services and support to the Independent Artists of tomorrow. Our ideal candidate is digitally savvy, hardworking and detail-oriented, creative and curious, and on the cutting edge of newly emerging tech & digital trends. This role will work closely with the AWAL’s Director, Marketing and VP, Catalog Marketing.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through our AWAL services. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Snoh Aalegra, Kim Petras, Cold War Kids, Deadmau5, Little Simz, Omar Apollo, Bruno Major, Steve Lacy and many more!
Kobalt is currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, DIGITAL MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Conceive and execute creative best-in-class digital marketing campaigns across AWAL’s artist roster in collaboration with marketing team, managers, and artists and covering frontline and catalog repertoire.
- Build “always-on” digital strategies that drive consumption and grow digital audiences throughout an artist’s entire career cycle.
- Execute digital health checks across all platforms and optimize artist YouTube and Spotify profiles to strengthen SEO and drive consumption and audience growth.
- Liaise with media agency to set up and monitor digital advertising campaigns.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key digital marketing and social partners such as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Giphy, influencers, etc while finding new strategic partners to work with.
- Monitor, analyze, and compile weekly reporting and actionable insights for all artist social media, DSP audience, and fan growth.
- Collaborate on multi-platform content strategies across artists.
- Facilitate the creation and distribution of digital marketing materials including short form video / social media video, animated gifs, etc.
- Post on social media pages as needed
- Assist in creation of tracking links
- Contribute to the creation of artist promo schedules, as needed
- Support Digital Marketing Directors to manage purchase orders and invoices
- Metadata mapping across Digital Accounts / DSP
- Creation & editing of video promo reels for artist pitches
- Identify early trends and emerging opportunities in the digital space
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience working in digital marketing within the music industry and working directly with managers and artists
- An innovative, entrepreneurial, curious and experimental self-starter
- Knowledge of the digital space and social platforms: Spotify, Shazam, MusicMart, YouTube, Google and Facebook Analytics, TikTok, Pandora, Apple, Social Media, Online Advertising
- Knowledge of best practices and history of experimentation with SEO and digital profile optimization, particularly at YouTube and Spotify. YouTube Certification, preferred.
- Familiar with multiple genres and eras within music and pop culture.
- Understanding of differences in digital behavior across various audience segments.
- Data-informed decision-making utilizing information from AWAL’s proprietary analytics platform, YouTube analytics, Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Next Big Sound, Nielsen Music Connect, Chartmetric, Google Trends
- Familiarity with graphic design and/or digital asset creation is preferred
- Basic knowledge of and interest in videography
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Strong organizational and creative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Mac OS, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro skills
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and work autonomously
- Ability to remain confidential
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.