We are hiring a Client Manager with strong interpersonal skills to join our market-leading administrative team in Los Angeles. You are a confident team-player with strong interpersonal skills and ideally a background in music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies. You are confident in client-facing, account management role, and have a track-record of providing excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. The Client Manager will communicate with Kobalt publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business on a regular basis
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Marshmello, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the primary, administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogues with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Royalties and Tech Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
- Supply feedback and updates to senior colleagues and stakeholders regarding catalogue registrations and earnings for client accounts
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience working in music publishing and/or with a performing rights society is required
- Experience in a client-facing, account management role
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.