Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a hard-working and motivated people-person to lead our Society Relations team that manage the registration process of our performer client roster at societies around the world. The role requires a personable and motivating people manager with a track record of managing and developing a team. You may have experience working for a music publisher or Neighbouring Rights society where you have extensive and regular contact with collection societies around the world. But most important is that you are enthusiastic, a great team member who efficiently follow up on issues until they are fully resolved.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the leading companies in a fast-growing industry. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 and we offer a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their Neighbouring Rights income. Today, our team represents artists like A$AP Rocky, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa, Kygo, Lil Wayne, Sia, Young Thug and more.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER, SOCIETY RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- Provides management and leadership to the London-based Society Relations Team
- Provides team and department training
- Assists team with daily planning and problem solving
- Acts as first escalation point for society issues
- Informs senior management of significant changes and issues at societies and initiates 2nd level escalation in line with agreed process
- Works with tech department to define and prioritise new and improved solutions to support the day to day activities of the team
- Investigates requirements for registering clients in additional territories and establishes relationships to facilitate the setup of efficient processes with the collection societies
- Streamlines processes in existing business territories, both internally and in working with the collection societies
- Maintains a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- Travels as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous Neighbouring Rights experience preferred but not essential, but ideally a music background at CMO with strong international network
- Proven people management experience with experience of motivating and mentoring team members
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal skills
- Able to take initiative and drive things forward through to completion
- Has an eye for detail, but also capable of bigger picture thinking and the ability to identify issues resulting from process changes
- Able to propose options for escalated problem solving
- A keen interest in tech, with experience of working with databases (SQL skills are an advantage) and strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs as well as Google Suite
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.