We’re looking for a Label Integrations Assistant to join the AWAL team to support the team in the day to day of onboarding priority artist and label catalogues. This is an office-based role that will require a hardworking, detail-oriented and organised individual.
The role is ideal if you have previous experience in distribution, production, publishing or at a label in an operational role. But more importantly, you are a detail-oriented and flexible team player comfortable with rapidly evolving priorities, with very strong written and verbal communication skills. Also, If you have an interest in knowing more about digital metadata, physical logistics, neighbouring rights, synch and how Kobalt’s proprietary system works.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters.Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Omar Apollo and Little Simz, as well as labels like Glassnote, B-Unique, 30th Century and Chess Club.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A LABEL INTEGRATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Assisting the Integrations Senior Manager with project work which may involve internal and client facing communication and support when required.
- Review, quality-check and cleanse digital, physical and neighbouring rights catalogue metadata.
- Review catalogue audio, artwork and video assets for DSP compatibility to the highest industry standards.
- Research physical catalogue stock locations, levels and parts availability and own logistics processes during stock transfers.
- Establish & build upon good relationships across multiple business areas when required.
- Identify and highlight potential integration obstacles to Integrations Senior Manager.
- Organise meetings, take meeting notes and distribute action points.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in an operational department at a label, publisher, distributor or other music organisation.
- Strong knowledge of music metadata & systems desired – knowledge of iTunes style-guide is highly desirable.
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department.Experience working with digital audio, video and artwork assets.
- Physical production and stock management is desirable.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.Strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets, repertoire management systems and DSP’s.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across the business and with external clients when required.
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to follow instructions.
- Numerate and IT literate
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.