AWAL is hiring a Sr. Manager, Digital Accounts in Los Angeles. The Sr. Manager of Digital Accounts will be responsible for cultivating and strengthening relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in the US, with a focus on R&B & Hip-Hop. This person will also identify opportunities and develop relationships across all third party/influencer partners and YouTube Multi-Channel Networks. The Sr. Manager will contribute to the overall digital release strategy and work closely with the Global Digital Accounts team in addition to the Marketing Directors and the Label Management teams.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through our AWAL services. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Steve Lacy, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch, Bruno Major and Rex Orange County.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SR. MANAGER, R&B & HIP-HOP AND THIRD PARTY RELATIONSHIPS AT AWAL DO?
- Manages day-to-day relationships with DSPs, with a focus on R&B & Hip-Hop curators and specialists
- Develops and implements playlisting strategies
- Liaise with international territories for localized campaign strategy
- Collaborates with AWAL Artist Marketing, Label Management, B2B, and Artist Management teams to execute successful artist campaigns across the digital accounts spectrum
- Communicates streaming, play-listing and digital sales and streaming results throughout the AWAL organization
- Prepares streaming reports and key-results for priority campaigns
- Manages a database of non-owned and operated, influential playlists found across all streaming services
- Develops and distributes an influencer targeted newsletter and outbound updates
- Implements strategies to reach listeners through YouTube Multi-Channel Networks, priority influencers, and third party playlists
- Promotes and markets AWAL artists across third party playlisting and music streaming platforms
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 4+ years’ experience working in the music industry, with 2+ years of digital account experience
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and the digital account landscape
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
- Understanding of industry best practices for various accounts & retailers, marketing and operational front
- Existing relationships within the digital account landscape
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.