We are hiring an enthusiastic and driven Synch Assistant in New York to join the global Synch & Brand Partnerships team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for music and should have excellent communication skills, be highly organizational, be a self-starter who is able to be independently pro-active, and should be very comfortable working with managers, artists and songwriters as well as internal and external executives.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, SYNCH AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide administrative support to the NYC Synch Team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Coordinating meetings and guest visits
- Organizing and submitting expenses
- Coordinating travel
- Organizing and maintaining team assets
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt for various projects and meetings
- Track, organize and manage client tour schedules for NY, East Coast and Midwest
- Create and send show invites for the Kobalt roster
- Manage and track all show RSVPs and sort out requests along with show details
- Liaise with Kobalt clients and their teams to sort ticket holds and buys
- Plan and execute internal and external artist showcases
- Support the NYC synch team by attending client shows
- Plan and execute client and customer events
- Log synch deals and pitches in the internal database as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years’ administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior level executives
- Music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded and music publishing businesses preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Google Drive; Photoshop and iMovie also preferred
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism, and poise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.