Kobalt is a mission led company. Music is a fundamental part of society and everything we do is focused on serving the creators of that music.
We give them the services they need, we give them the tools to grow their career, we give them control over their future. At Kobalt we believe that by focusing on serving creators we can build a fairer, more vibrant and ultimately larger music industry.
Our mission started in 2000, we have come a long way and now have the pleasure of calling some of the greatest names in the industry our partners. Global stars like Paul McCartney, Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Bon Iver, Sam Smith, Björk, Mumford & Sons, Lauv, Childish Gambino and many more work with our teams and our products on a daily basis.
In any typical week our creators impact over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK. With 10 offices worldwide and 650 strong team we have scale and stability yet we are on a fast paced growth journey.
To live up to the potential in our business and keep pace with this expansion we must constantly challenge our mindsets and habits, be flexible in our approaches and seek the best from ourselves and our teams.
We are an entrepreneurial business within an industry that overflows with passion and creative freedom. Sound like fun? Come talk to us.
Kobalt Music is looking to hire a Data Analyst to help build out Kobalt’s Business Intelligence (BI) capability. The first projects will be to deliver people analytics across the tech org before then looking at wider insights for the technical and product function.
In this role and you will report to the Technical Product Manager for BI and work closely with other BI product managers and key business stakeholders.
Your primary responsibility will be to understand BI needs and deliver fast, comprehensive and straightforward dashboards and data visualisation assets.
Our BI products consume and organise vast volumes of data from various sources. Whilst the wider team will build products to address this challenge the primary focus of this role is to deliver data illustrated in a visually compelling and meaningful way.
- Liaise with Product Managers/Stakeholders to gather and document requirements focusing on the most impactful data we can gather to keep us on track with company-wide goals
- Develop relationships with business users and work collaboratively to provide BI solutions from inception, delivery and ongoing support and training
- Provide constant communication on delivery timescales and priorities
- Provide ongoing feedback to improve information flow between all parties and seek opportunities to improve the efficiency of processes
- Be an active member of the BI product function whilst championing best practices and process improvements for data
- Design and build BI solutions using Quicksight and Tableau
- Experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst or BI Analyst / Developer
- Hands-on experience with JIRA ticketing, feature specifications, feature prioritisation, backlog refinement
- Familiarity with Agile methods and the ability to promote new approaches to improve ways of working
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience of delivering dashboards from early specification through to completion
- Comfortable working with senior business and engineering stakeholders
- A passion for data insight products that will drive stakeholder decisions and guide business operations
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL etc.)
- Strong grasp of Data Visualisation techniques using tools such as Quicksight, Tableau, Looker, Birst etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and to communicate technical concepts and ideas
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN?
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- Learning and Development modules including online learning platforms such as Udemy, BookBoon and more