Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators.
With over 650 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 20,000 artists and songwriters, 600,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
As a Tech Lead Manager at Kobalt, you are expected not only to be strong technically and roll up your sleeves, but also provide technical leadership to major projects and manage a squad of engineers. You manage your project’s technical goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. With extensive technical and leadership expertise, you will also be responsible for working with tech engineering managers to ensure requirements are understood and translated into a deliverable roadmap. You will be helping the engineers with their careers and personal development, by coaching and guiding them through the day to day projects.
We need our Tech Lead Managers to display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the technology forward
- You will support on leading a high performing engineering capability for your area, both hiring, growing & retaining great people and instilling great ways of working
- You’ll be responsible for day-to-day operational excellence, including dealing with incidents & outages and making sure teams are able to be reactive as well as proactive when incidents arise.
- Lead technical design and decisions at team or project level
- Create sustainable work environment for members with measurable results
- Technical accountability - pick relevant technologies and lead with a test-first approach
- Positively contributes to continuous technical development of project team
- You’ll be proactive in exploring and implementing new technologies and ways of working to ensure we’re staying current and innovating
- Able to collaborate with peers on broader product portfolio
- Influence and foster collaborative working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation and validation
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Contribute to the technical vision of your area; identify and manage risks, dependencies, and opportunities.
- Help standardise and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Customer first mindset and obsessed about building and maintaining trust with both internal and external customers
- Value and be a culture ambassador for Kobalt
- Play an active role in promoting Kobalt’s brand by attending and being involved in events and networking
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in leading a squad of Platform engineers with SRE mindset
- Technology knowledge, specifically in service-oriented architecture and developing and operating highly scalable data centric services and web applications
- Experience in implementing monitoring solutions, defining and implementing robust CI/CD pipelines
- Conduct regular 1:1 with the team, exchange feedback, develop and retain talents
- Experience with AWS
- Ability to work in a data driven environment
- You will be a problem solver with the ability to come up with creative solutions
- Strong understanding of system design, scalability, and implementation constraints
- Experience of implementing best practices, agile methodologies, continuous delivery and experimentation
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation, including planning and cross functioning roadmaps
- You will be an inspiring technical lead with a strong sense of influence both with your team, peers and stakeholders