We are hiring an an enthusiastic and organized administrative assistant with a passion for music to support the AWAL synch team in Los Angeles.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, AWAL SYNCH DO?
- Provide administrative support, including:
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Organizing and submitting expenses
- Coordinating travel
- Locating and sending audio files, as needed
- Attending meetings and circulating meeting notes, as needed
- Organization and maintenance of all team assets
- Manage audio ingestion & artist asset deliveries
- Maintain a system for reviewing pending deals, payments and other synch licensing activity
- Log AWAL Synch Team’s promotions and pitches
- Create and send weekly marketing newsletters & show invites for the AWAL roster
- Liaise with other departments at AWAL for various projects and meetings
- Provide creative support as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years’ administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior level executives
- Music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded and music publishing businesses preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Google Drive; Photoshop and iMovie also preferred
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism, and poise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.