As an Assistant Manager on the Onboarding team managing the transition of major deals and acquisitions into Kobalt's proprietary system, you will work very closely with a dedicated tech team and have the opportunity to input on developments of tools and processes to improve efficiency.
The primary focus of the client Onboarding team is to work in conjunction with our Tech team to transition the new clients’ data onto Kobalt’s proprietary systems and into the ongoing day-to-day processes of the core Operational teams (such as Copyright, Finance, Business Affairs, Synchronisation etc.).
Working closely with other teams such as Clients & Synch, you get a much deeper understanding of Copyright data and each project you work on will present its unique challenges so perfect if you enjoy problem solving and have an interest in knowing more about programming, code and how Kobalt's proprietary system works.
The role is ideal if you have previous experience in copyright and end-to-end processes across music publishing and looking for a more technical, data-driven role. But more importantly, you are a detail-oriented and flexible team player comfortable with rapidly evolving priorities, with very strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in communicating with key stakeholders and high-profile clients.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, CLIENT ONBOARDING DO?
- Initiates, owns, reviews & updates Onboarding plan to coordinate the ingestion of new works and agreements - manages issues and escalates to senior management for decision and resolution if needed
- Establishes & builds upon good relationships across multiple business areas and Kobalt’s publishing clients
- Processes data reports prepared by the technical colleagues of the Onboarding Team, to prepare client data for ingestion into SAX
- Guiding & supporting the Copyright & Admin departments to plan and track the various tasks needed to transition to ‘business-as-usual”
- Consulting & informing the Clients team enable them to establish a plan for client allocation, and subsequently monitor progress of handover to plan
- Act as the primary project point of contact for any internal queries relating to those clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society
- A thorough understanding of Kobalt’s internal processes
- A good understanding and knowledge of technical aspects relevant to Kobalt (i.e. the portal, statement processing, data ingestion formats etc.)
- Strong organisational, project management and analytical skills
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Highly numerate with good Microsoft Excel skills; SQL experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.