At Kobalt, we’re building the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and changing music landscape. Join us to help create a better music industry and bring the industry into the digital age. We are hiring a Marketing Assistant in New York to report to our Chief Marketing Officer. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a fast-paced global marketing team. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, a positive and hard-working attitude, and a strong passion for people and music. You are deeply connected to music & pop culture and are curious and have an innate desire to experience new things and share those experiences. You are creative, a natural problem solver, dependable, astute at organizational management, and a team player.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A MARKETING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT?
- Day-to-day coordination of marketing interns
- Building marketing & sales presentations
- Process invoices and payments on behalf of the marketing team
- Coordinate artist asset approvals
- Manage team meeting notes and follow ups with stakeholders
- Arrange team meetings & functions
- Assist in event coordination and partnership marketing
- Assist in content marketing
- Schedule team meetings and comms
- Stay up-to-date with marketing best practices
- Conduct competitive research
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Positive, helpful, disarming attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work eﬀectively
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized and a creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Not just be an individual contributor, you love helping teammates achieve their own goals too
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.