We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized music enthusiast to assist the Kobalt Miami Creative team in day to day operations and client upkeep. The successful candidate will have experience and/or familiarity working within an administrative publishing deal structure and be tuned into: up and coming and established artists, familiar with the Billboard charts, and knowledgeable of the local Miami music scene. This is a great opportunity for someone who really wants to work closely with a Creative A&R team to learn what a proactive publisher does, and the many different ways you can bring exciting opportunities to an artist or songwriter.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Research and compile spreadsheets containing information about songwriters, artists and around specific projects
- Run Billboard album and singles charts on Wednesday and distribute to US Creatives
- Weekly research and updates on music charts (Billboard, Mediabase, PRO databases, etc.) for any artists or songwriters that don’t appear to be currently published
- Help maintain the Miami Writer calendar in Outlook
- Help maintain the Miami Writer Info document
- Assist over email with co-write set up and follow up to ensure we have audio in the drive and splits delivered
- Check out local shows and any particular shows that the Miami Creative team members are not able to attend
- Play music / bring talent to the attention of the Miami Creative team
- Help with scheduling meetings, making restaurant reservations, sending out calendar invites, and booking meeting rooms
- Work on individual monthly expense reports for the Miami Creative team members
- Update and maintain songwriter reels for pitches
- Research songs/lyrics for sync pitches as needed
- Put together artist “hit” lists from research for festivals/conferences that members of the Miami Creative team are attending
- Manage the procured/placed tracklist
- Manage & compile information for press releases of new signings
- Manage and organize SVP, Creative email and scheduling
- Manage social opportunities for the Miami Creative team
- Book Creative team travel as needed
- Provide back-up administrative support to the department as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant working experience
- Bilingual/highly proficient in Spanish is a must
- Prior experience working/interning in music publishing is a plus
- Highly organized individual and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience in supporting a busy and dynamic department
- Strong MS Office skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OSX
- Experience managing expenses and budgets
- Must have a passion and interest in music
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive attitude
- Ability to deal with several projects at once, prioritize and work efficiently under pressure
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.