Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a hard-working and motivated people-person to support our successful team manage our performer client roster at neighbouring rights societies around the world. The role predominantly involves general administrative work such as client and recording database maintenance, but the role offers a lot of autonomy so being highly organised and detail-oriented is essential.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Preparing new client registration documents for societies globally
- Preparing documentation for roster maintenance at the applicable societies
- Maintaining internal & external databases to track registrations
- Ensuring all tasks are performed within agreed timelines and usually strict deadlines
- Assisting Society Relations team in any ad-hoc projects
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, independently, to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to track and monitor documentation processes in an efficient manner
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.