We are hiring an Associate to join Kobalt’s Global Digital Partnerships team in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to drive strategic and operational functions for the team that secures our commercial partnerships with digital services globally. He/She will work with a wide range of individuals internally, across both our Kobalt Music Publishing and AWAL (Kobalt’s recorded music division) businesses. The Associate will focus on research and analysis for a variety of exciting business initiatives, value a combination of economics, royalty rates, operational issues including but not limited to delivery of assets, proper royalty reporting, client communication of critical partnerships (e.g. the launches of new services), and provide overall support to the Digital Partnerships Team. Our ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity and handling complexity in a fast-paced environment. He/she should be highly proficient with data analytics and possess the ability to analyze large, complex datasets with excellent modelling skills. He/she should also be strong at project management and proactively driving one’s own projects.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE, GLOBAL DIGITAL PARTNERSHIPS DO AT KOBALT?
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to deliver insights on existing digital deals, including Apple, Amazon, Google, Pandora, Spotify, among many others
- Internal analyses to deliver insights on our businesses and support growth & improvement initiatives
- Work with key digital services to enhance our partnerships, including operationally, through marketing initiatives, and data
- Work with our AWAL and Publishing operations and royalties teams to analyze the performance of digital partners
- Establish and manage company-wide processes & communications to key stakeholders across the business. Understand and help define key areas to collaborate with those groups (including Digital Accounts, Operations, Royalties, etc.)
- Ownership over core end-to-end data analysis (understand data, query, clean, structure, analyze, model, present)
- Support various BU strategy & operational projects
- Develop & deliver high-quality presentations for senior stakeholders on key opportunities, challenges, etc. in the digital space.
- Researching, requesting and generating reports on behalf of the Global Digital Partnerships team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience in the digital music space, preferably in a business development, licensing, or partner development role at a record label or music publisher
- Strong ability to structure and conduct quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Strong business sense and ability to identify implications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with a wide range of departments and senior management in a fast-faced environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.