Kobalt is looking to hire a self-driven and personable Administrative Assistant to work closely with the Head Of Creative Records and Publishing in our London office as well as support the rest of the Creative team in their day-to-day activities. The successful candidate will have previous support experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as a track-record of managing ever-changing schedules, conflicting priorities and planning international travel across multiple time zones.
Our expert creative team is spread across 10 global creative hubs, covering every key market worldwide. We work closely with Kobalt writers to find the best songwriting and networking opportunities around the world. We work collaboratively to pitch songs to artists, secure co-writes with other songwriters, provide leads and briefs for upcoming projects, and much more.
As a natural extension of the Head Of Creative Records and Publishing you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams as well as external contacts.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Calendar management and meeting coordination
- Manage travel expenses
- Manage extensive domestic and global travel arrangements for the team
- Provide the bridge for smooth communication among internal teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Manage external relationships - filter and prioritise contact
- Monitor emails, respond & flag appropriately
- Compile special reports & organize data
- Take notes and distributes meeting minutes & agendas
- Work closely with the wider teams to arrange meetings and events as needed
- Work on ad-hoc projects and support other managers in the functions
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience of working in a support function in the music industry
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and anticipate needs
- Ability to manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
- Crisis and issue management and some project management skill
- Prior experience coordinating international travel and planning across multiple time-zones
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional follow up and organization
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365)
- Friendly, enthusiastic and passionate about music!
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eighth consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
- Based near Waterloo, London. SE1 8QH
- Hours 9.30am - 6pm
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.