Joining a close-knit internal team at Kobalt Music, the Tech Recruiter will be vital in supporting the team achieve our ambitious growth goals. You will help deliver new hires and manage the full 360 recruitment life cycle across all tech disciplines including engineering, technical support and product design.
Our aim is always to hire candidates who represent great skills fit to our culture and to enhance our commitment to diversity in the workforce. Candidate and line manager experience is paramount and our goal is for Kobalt to be an employer of choice to rival the biggest and most well known brands in the industry. This is a varied and impactful role for someone committed to a career in recruitment.
To be successful in the role, you thrive in the fast-paced momentum of recruitment and are passionate about finding and engaging talent as well as have the ability to think strategically on how to build talent pipelines through alternative search techniques, events and sourcing campaigns.
You will have a background in recruitment in a fast-growing & dynamic organisation but most important is that you are innovative with strong interpersonal skills as well as driven by data and analytics with a passion for technology and music!
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing..
WHAT DOES A TECH RECRUITER AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide an exceptional recruitment experience from the first point of contact with line manager or candidate through to offer and start date including writing job descriptions, advising on sourcing approach, posting jobs, doing initial screenings and engaging talent, managing candidate communications, scheduling and participating in interviews, post-interview debriefs and preparing offers
- Build relationships and partner with hiring managers across Tech and Product
- Search, find and engage active or passive candidates by using our ATS, Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Filter applications from advertising, events, referrals or agency partners
- Assist in the planning of recruitment events and interview assessment days
- Attend skills focused meet-ups as a Kobalt ambassador
- Support the team on telephone screenings & online testing
- Support focused campaign related to diversity sourcing, senior leadership searches and referrals management
- Provide pipeline reporting and data insights
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least 2 years tech sourcing or tech recruiting experience with a search firm or in-house recruitment team as well as a proven ability to prioritise and organise a busy work-load & meet deadlines
- You can utilize multiple recruiting resources and have advanced sourcing techniques to identify talent
- Exemplary customer service skills with evidence of going above and beyond to deliver an amazing interview experience for candidates and hiring teams
- Can leverage data to drive sourcing strategies
- Excellent attention to detail and a brilliant organiser
- A great communicator; verbal & written
- Resilience and tenacity to work under pressure with a positive and proactive mindset
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary & bonus in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover extendable to your family and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- Dedicated learning and development resources including Udemy and BookBoon
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga, (almost) daily meditation classes and free mental health coaching via Sanctus
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including free healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen