We are seeking a Client Analyst in New York to join our market-leading administrative team. You will join Kobalt’s Client Analysis team - a target-driven, data group that provides Kobalt’s clients with the most transparent and accurate reporting in the music industry. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented and comfortable working with big data and analyzing key trends. This position will work on a variety of projects to produce clear and concise reporting for internal and external contacts. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with data and problem solving.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Use SQL to query the Kobalt database and generate accurate, clean data
- Use Excel to produce ad-hoc analyses for internal and external contacts
- Analyze and present key trends clearly and concisely using Excel
- Provide support to overall team with audits and large client requests
- Assist in producing reporting for Kobalt’s clients and senior executives
- Manage high priority client requests timely and efficiently
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions when needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience generating and analyzing data at a music publishing or performing rights society
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience with SQL extraction & being able to run queries, modify and adjust scripts
- Ability to manipulate and scrutinize large sets of data and provide meaningful analysis
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced proficiency in Excel to analyze large datasets)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.