The Associate Director, AWAL Synch & Brand Partnerships will be responsible for proactively and creatively pitching AWAL’s roster for synch opportunities in Film, TV, Trailers, and Advertisements as well as seeking brand partnership opportunities in the US.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, AWAL SYNCH & BRAND PARTNERSHIPS AT KOBALT DO?
- Implement a creative synch strategy for AWAL single/album releases that align with release marketing plans
- Support in the execution of an effective synch strategy to achieve quarterly and yearly fiscal targets, set by your supervisor(s)
- Ensure the AWAL synch team is staying up to date on new and upcoming releases
- Proactively solicit and pitch AWAL recordings and artists to advertising agencies, brands, film & TV production companies, television networks, and other decision makers
- Create and maintain a contact database of the key decision makers and partners to ensure that each account is being creatively managed by a member of the AWAL synch team
- Proactively reach out to AWAL artists to maintain and foster good client relations as well as keep them up to date on the current synch and brand landscape
- Attend and participate in AWAL marketing and artist meetings, as needed
- Work closely with the AWAL marketing team to leverage and maximize all synch opportunities
- Work with Synch Clearance and Admin and maintain oversight over all AWAL synch deals
- Work closely with Business Affairs, Recordings Client Admin and Operations to ensure that recordings are properly set up in the AWAL rights management database so there is oversight over all AWAL clients with synch rights
- Organize, manage and implement showcases for artists who are “in cycle”
- Attend artists shows, events, showcases as needed
- Be available to attend key events, conferences as deemed necessary by your supervisor(s) (some travel may be necessary)
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4+ years’ experience within a synch department with a proven record of successfully securing synch and/or brand partnerships, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
- Excellent management skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task
- Possess excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Must have a passion for music
- Very strong customer relations skills
- Must be a team player
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.