We’re looking for an Assistant Manager, Content Operations specialist to join this critical function within AWAL’s Digital Operations & Supply Chain team. You’ll be responsible for getting our repertoire ready for release on streaming platforms, running the rule over new frontline submissions and catalogue products alike, as well as maintaining excellent operational relationships with our priority partner. You’ll be comfortable dealing with large volumes of content and have an innate passion for debating the finer points of digital release metadata. AWAL is already an Apple Preferred partner and a Recommended Label Distributor at Spotify, come and help us be even better.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists and label release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist or label is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers alongside forward thinking and innovative labels. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES ASSISTANT MANAGER, CONTENT OPERATIONS AT AWAL DO?
- QC release submissions in accordance with partner metadata specifications.
- Provide structured feedback for client-facing teams when releases fail checks.
- Carry out product metadata updates as required across the AWAL catalogue.
- Work with Product and Digital Supply Chain teams to continually review and optimise QC processes with a view to scale.
- Contribute to internal Content Operations documentation, including up-to-date DSP best practices and metadata style guide.
- Conduct monthly performance review, including analysis of our iTunes Provider Scorecard.
- Work with client-facing teams to develop tools and resources to increase first time success rate for uploaded content.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a Content Operations or Digital Supply Chain role, reviewing incoming content.
- Good knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences regarding complex metadata issues.
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect and Spotify preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bonus points for experience with command line tools, in particular iTunes Transporter.
- Extra bonus points for knowledge of audio-visual metadata requirements, and experience of reviewing short form music video.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.