AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings Division is looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, and accurate Senior Client Admin Assistant to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department, incorporating the AWAL distribution business. This is an office-based role that will require a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and organized individual. Joining a highly collaborative team, reporting to the Senior Manager for Client Admin & Mechanicals, the Senior Client Admin Assistant will manage client accounting and be a point person regarding outgoing royalty queries as well as ensuring all client agreements are set up correctly in our system.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists including Lauv, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, Little Simz, Gerry Cinnamon, Bruno Major and more.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR CLIENT ADMIN ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Entering client contact, agreement and payment information into the royalty system
- Investigating royalty allocation issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Being a point of contact for our clients’ reporting queries
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Royalty experience within the music industry is essential as well as having a deep understanding of the record industry as well as deals/agreements structures
- Highly numerate and IT literate (advanced Excel is essential)
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritise to strict deadlines
- A proactive approach with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Ability to structure and drive forward small scale projects
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.