AWAL is looking for two Marketing Assistants, based in the London office. The Marketing Assistants, will be providing assistance and general support to AWAL’s UK & International Marketing teams as well as to the General Manager. You will report to the General Manager, but project leads in the UK and International marketing teams will be tasking and providing direction on a day to day basis.
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking for an entry level role in the industry and has some relevant practical experience, such as an internship or work experience at a record company or with an administrative marketing background, but most importantly - a true passion for music and supporting independent artists! In return you can expect a role which will give you the chance to learn various aspects of the marketing in the music industry.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including Lauv, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, Little Simz, Gerry Cinnamon, Bruno Major and more.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A MARKETING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Assist UK Marketing team and the International Marketing Team in the day-to-day running of their campaigns
- Assist the team in their administration duties including maintaining the gig schedule, running release schedules, circulating advance promo streams and assets, generating POs and generating other regular reports
- Scheduling and setting up promo days and phone interviews including booking travel, cars, hotels etc. for artists on domestic and international promo trips
- Organise guest lists for AWAL gigs in the UK, ticket buys, dealing with ad hoc duties for the marketing teams such as organising couriers, promo mailouts
- Generate bespoke market research reports using AWAL’s in-house analytics tools as well as publicly available data
- Set up packshot videos, smarturls and more tools for the Digital Marketing team
- Take and distribute select meeting notes
- Pull together Global Marketing report
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Practical experience of working in a relevant administration role or other relevant experience in the music industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Manage competing priorities
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.