KTech is hiring an IT Service Desk Manager in LA to manage the US IT Service Desk team. Working with the UK Service Desk Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction, setting priorities, providing backup support, and developing and improving existing processes to ensure the expected levels of support are met across the globe. This role will report to the VP of IT and the ideal candidate is a technically competent customer focused service desk manager looking to make a positive impact in a hands-on role.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A SERVICE DESK MANAGER AT KTECH DO?
- Train, coach and mentor US based IT Support team
- Oversee all IT support requests, incidents and problems for our US offices
- Serve as escalation point and manage IT Service Desk processes for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization
- Determine root cause of issues, incidents, problems and then implement controlled changes
- Manage vendor relationships depending on daily operational needs
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance including KPIs
- Work with the remote infrastructure team on fault resolution, projects, new tools, and ongoing service improvements
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 5+ years’ in an IT support role supporting all levels of an organization
- Previous experience supporting employees and teams across multiple offices/time zones
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing a strong technical support team is preferred
- Strong service delivery skills including prior problem and incident management experience
- Proven track record with troubleshooting, ability to spot and diffuse potential escalations, resolve incidents, and deliver an excellent service to the business
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-IT stakeholders regarding technical matters
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management tools
- A good understanding of ITIL framework
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS and Windows 10
- Strong knowledge GSuite & Microsoft Office 2016
- Experience with Okta, JAMF Casper, Zoom is ideal
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.