Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators.
With over 650 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 20,000 artists and songwriters, 600,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
We are hiring an IT Service Desk Manager in LA to manage the US IT Service Desk team. Working with the UK Service Desk Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction, setting priorities, providing backup support, and developing and improving existing processes to ensure the expected levels of support are met across the globe. This role will report to the VP of IT and the ideal candidate is a technically competent customer focused service desk manager looking to make a positive impact in a hands-on role.
WHAT DOES A SERVICE DESK MANAGER DO AT KOBALT?
- Train, coach and mentor US based IT Support team
- Oversee all IT support requests, incidents and problems for our US offices
- Serve as escalation point and manage IT Service Desk processes for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization
- Determine root cause of issues, incidents, problems and then implement controlled changes
- Manage vendor relationships depending on daily operational needs
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance including KPIs
- Work with the remote infrastructure team on fault resolution, projects, new tools, and ongoing service improvements
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 5+ years’ in an IT support role supporting all levels of an organization
- Previous experience supporting employees and teams across multiple offices/time zones
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing a strong technical support team is preferred
- Strong service delivery skills including prior problem and incident management experience
- Proven track record with troubleshooting, ability to spot and diffuse potential escalations, resolve incidents, and deliver an excellent service to the business
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-IT stakeholders regarding technical matters
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management tools
- A good understanding of ITIL framework
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS and Windows 10
- Strong knowledge GSuite & Microsoft Office 2016
- Experience with Okta, JAMF Casper, Zoom is ideal
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.