We are hiring a Senior Coordinator, Royalty Processing in New York. Joining our Royalties team you will oversee the completion of processing large volumes of electronic statements and data sets on a timely manner for the US mechanical and digital administration team. You will be in charge of making sure this is done with the highest efficiency and accuracy while still suggesting and implementing ongoing improvements to current processes. You should have a strong attention to detail as there will be some complex big data statements for analysis. Strong communication skills is needed as an integral part of the job is communicating externally and internally to make sure all teams and labels are on the same page.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR COORDINATOR OF ROYALTY PROCESSING AT KOBALT DO?
- Upload and process large data sets from labels and DSP's on a quarterly basis for US mechanicals and digitals only
- Manage weekly reports of progress that are sent to senior management team members for review
- Maintaining and upkeep of internal royalty identification reports
- Liaison with record labels to improve statement data
- Confirm Kobalt client data at labels so payments are directed to correct parties
- Investigate payments and statements and coordinate with labels and DSP’s in order to make sure we are 100% paid up on a quarterly basis
- Ad hoc special research projects for royalties
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 1+ years’ experience in a publishing position
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with advanced excel knowledge
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive and positive approach
- Able to work independently while also being a team player
- Able to manage and work with firm deadlines within a fast-paced environment
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.