We are hiring a Facilities Coordinator in our Los Angeles office. In this role, you will provide direct support to the Kobalt receptionist, as well as overall facilities management for the entire Los Angeles office. Our ideal candidate is service driven and committed, and able to wear multiple hats. This position also requires an ability to interface within different levels of the organization with great communication and professionalism.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A FACILITIES COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide backup coverage for receptionists (greet visitors, answer phones, generate internal/external correspondence)
- General office maintenance such as:
- clearing out trash
- making sure kitchen is orderly and stocked plus clean
- re-stocking and light cleaning of bathrooms (if and when necessary)
- wiping down counters and tables in common areas
- straighten up conference rooms
- keep main areas organized
- Re-stock kitchen (snacks, beverages and pantry) daily
- Assist in unpacking boxes and transporting items between multiple floors
- Escort and pick up any deliveries and mail as needed
- Assist with setting up new employees with required credentials, office space, equipment and supplies
- Participate in the planning and execution of various personnel moves in and around building and offsite locations as needed
- Assist with event set-up and breakdown (i.e. artist performances, company all hands meetings, etc.)
- Help with general handy work such as hanging artwork/pictures, moving furniture, unloading/lifting heavy boxes, putting small furniture items together, fixing broken desks and office chairs, changing light bulbs
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls and schedules
- Interact with both employees and facilities representatives in the coordination of addressing issues, maintenance requests and corrective measures
- Addressing invoicing issues with both AP and outside AR departments as needed
- Assist LA Office Manager with daily needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred
- 1-2+ years’ experience in Facilities and/or office management, ideally within a quickly growing company
- Excellent follow through and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinker who is service oriented
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient and enjoy multitasking
- Solid people and customer service skills
- Experience of working with contractors/external vendors
- Self-starter who identifies and improves the workings of the company in addition to responding to specific requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift and move light objects up to approx. 30 lbs in weight and able to walk, sit and stand for longer periods of time
- Must be computer proficient, including good working knowledge of Google GSuite
- CAD experience is a plus
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.