Kobalt is seeking a VP of People & Culture to advance a values-driven employee experience during an exciting time of fast-paced growth. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP of People & Culture will act as a trusted adviser to leaders across the organization to ensure seamless design and execution of People initiatives that support our mission, business goals and values. The ideal candidate is a values-led strategic thinker, effective people manager and proactive problem solver.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A VP, PEOPLE & CULTURE AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensure P&C programs, policies and initiatives are both in support of the business and supported by the business through effective internal networking and establishment of key partnerships within the business. Effectively communicates P&C plans and strategies across the organization
- Oversee development and implementation of key strategic initiatives including onboarding new hires, pay for performance, org development and analytics and operations
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws, and issues
- Collaborate with Global team to understand needs and implement global programs that are appropriate for all areas
- Serve as a subject matter expert and owner for people related compliance in the US. Ensures policies are up to date and fit for purpose
- Oversee development of first-class employee experience, promoting development feedback, objective setting, and employee engagement
- Promote and engage in wellbeing and inclusion & diversity initiatives.
- Manage employee relations cases from initial advice through to completion
- Partner with CPO, P&C team and Kobalt leadership team to execute people objectives and change management initiatives
- Provide data, reporting insights and analysis to support the US senior managers in making decisions to improve their teams
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, ER.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 employees
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years’ experience in People & Culture/HR
- Experience serving as a trusted Business Partner is required
- Previous experience working in high-growth, fast-paced creative environments
- Knowledge of the music industry is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as manage day to day role
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills at all levels
- Understanding of how to use metrics/data to advise and influence business leaders
- Strong handling of change management and complex ER cases
- Knowledge of California/US employment regulations.
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following would be advantageous:
- Managing annual salary reviews
- Actioning employee survey results
- Running workshops
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Organizational design
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.