We are hiring a Director to join our global People & Culture team. This role will partner with leadership, employees and P&C to both support and develop a growing employee population in the US. The Director will influence the business and drive decisions that lead to high performing teams, engaged employees and a positive employee experience. The global People & Culture team is made up of Business Partners (known internally as P&C Managers/Directors), Learning & Development and Internal Recruitment.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, P&C AT KOBALT DO?
- Partner with Kobalt’s leadership team on P&C and change management initiatives
- Work with the VP, P&C North America and the P&C team to effectively execute P&C strategy
- Provide a first-class employee experience by promoting development feedback, objective setting, employee engagement
- Promote and engage in diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relations cases from initial advice through to completion
- Provide data, reporting insights and analysis to support the US senior leaders in making decisions to improve their teams
- Advise managers on compensation discussions
- Design and deliver key P&C initiatives, specifically within the US and Canada
- Ensure HR data integrity and ensure changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator/others as needed
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, and employee relations
- Serves as a subject matter expert on People related compliance in the US
- Maintain P&C policies ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose
- Manage P&C projects as assigned
- Lead by example by living Kobalt’s values and culture in day to day behaviors and interactions with all levels of colleagues
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7+ years’ experience in People & Culture/HR, preferably at a high growth company
- Experience working in a tech/media environment is ideal but not required
- Fluent understanding of HR analytics
- Knowledge of the music industry is a plus but not required
- Previous experience with Business Partnering:
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Experience in influencing, coaching and counseling employees and leadership
- Using metrics / data to advise and influence
- Change Management / ER
- Support staff going through huge amounts of change and business growth
- Experience with coaching and counseling employees of all levels on performance management, conflict management, employee relations, and organization development
- Strong knowledge of New York/US employment regulations
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following is preferred:
- Managing annual talent reviews
- Annual compensation planning
- Actioning employee survey results
- Running workshops
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Organizational design
- Business savvy and analytical with strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills at all levels
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as manage day to day role
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.